How do I participate with FamilyAid?
Depending on your interests, you’ll want to check out either the Forum or the Groups. Read the questions. If you have something to contribute, jump right in. Click on the “Post New Message” button. Provide your insight, share your knowledge, and ask others for their input. Please stay on topic; don’t change the subject of the initial question and do not give or display your personal details.
Why do I need to register?
- Registration will give you access to additional features not available to guest users such as definable forum use, group subscription, etc. It only takes a few moments to register so it is recommended you do so.
Can I register more than one account?
- No, there is no reason why you should have more than one account. If you are banned from the forums, please do not create a new account. If you continue to create new accounts after you have been banned, your IP address will be blocked from the website.
I’ve lost my password!
- Don’t panic! While your password cannot be retrieved, it can easily be reset. Visit the login page and click I’ve forgotten my password. Follow the instructions and you should be able to log in again shortly.
Why can’t I register?
- It is possible the website owner has banned your IP address or disallowed the username you are attempting to register. The website owner could have also disabled registration to prevent new visitors from signing up. Contact a board administrator for assistance.
How do I post a topic in a forum?
- To post a new topic in a forum, go to relevant forum section and click the new topic button. You need to register before you can post a message. A list of your permissions in each forum is available at the bottom of the forum and topic screens.
No Spam / Advertising / Self-promotion in the forums or groups
- We define spam as unsolicited advertisement for goods, services and/or other web sites, or posts with little, or completely unrelated content. Do not spam the forums or groups with links to your site or product, or try to self-promote your website, business or forums etc.
1. Treat other members with the respect they deserve. This should go without saying, but treat others like you would like to be treated !
2. The forum language is English only! Please only post in other languages in PM.
3. Please do not spam. The definition of spam is an irrelevant or advertising post. Any post considered spam will be removed.
4. Please do not post threads text in all CAPITALS since this is considered to be shouting and is not necessary.
5. Please refrain from posting images larger than 800×600. This is considerate to members with slow internet speeds, and keeps the forum looking tidy.
6. Using red text is forbidden. Only moderators and administrators may use this.
7. Insulting and flaming or personal attacks against forum staff will be not tolerated.
8. Please be considerate in language you use on the forum, some of our members are younger than others. Swearing is not completely banned, just do not swear unnecessarily, and only use minor words. A filter is in place to safeguard this system.
9. No hacking, and illegal activity, such as torrents and illegal downloads, this will not be tolerated, and if appropriate, may be reported to local authority.
10. Please do not post inappropriate material, I think everyone understands what I mean by this. The policy goes that if you would not feel comfortable viewing it at work, or in front of children or parents, don’t post it !
I think these rules are clear, and easy to follow. These are only in place to ensure our community is a fun place to be, and a comfortable atmosphere for all.
What happens if I break a rule ?
Depending on the severity of the infraction, a different course of action may be taken, but the usual practice is as follows :
1st rule break (Minor offence) :
Corrected, A PM may of been sent, no further action taken
For a more serious offence, a warning will be issued, this is a mark against your name letting us know you have broken a rule
2nd rule break.
3rd rule break
On your 3rd warning, you will receive a temporary ban, the length of which will depend on the severity of the incident.
On another breach of rules :
After this it will be assumed you will not learn your lesson, so you will receive a permanent ban, meaning you will never be able to visit the forum/groups again.
If you have any questions regarding the rules feel free to PM any member of site staff, who will be able to clear things up for you.
Respecting other members at all times
All posts should be professional and courteous. You have every right to disagree with your fellow community members and explain your perspective. However, you are not free to attack, degrade, insult, or otherwise belittle them or the quality of this community.
How can I report an inappropriate post?
Any material which constitutes defamation, harassment, or abuse is strictly prohibited. Material that is sexually or otherwise obscene, racist, or otherwise overly discriminatory is not permitted on these forums. This includes user pictures. Use common sense while posting. We appreciate your help!
How can I become a moderator
In Order To Apply To Be A Moderator You Must be:
- a forum/group regular
- have been at the forum/group for over 3 months
- have a positive presence on forums/groups
- be proactive
- knowledgeable in the forums/group they would like to moderate.
- polite and helpful towards other members and give advice whenever needed and whenever possible.
- visit the forum each day, actively take part in discussions as often as possible, ideally once a day, setting a good example to the other members.
- take an active part in discussions between Moderators relating to the running of the forum.
- help to keep unsuitable content out of the forums as much as possible.