posted in Pregnancy
I decided to Google it. Nothing. Can you believe it?
Since it wasn’t a thing, I decided I would make it one. And it didn’t take me long to decide on my own 3-word pregnancy story.
As I started dressing for Thanksgiving dinner a couple of days ago, I became incredibly frustrated. I still have three months left in this pregnancy and clothes are already unbearable, even maternity clothes. I looked at the dozen pairs of pants on the floor and bed and thought, “Pants. Just no.”
That was it! I immediately knew my 3-word pregnancy story. I cannot stand pants right now. It doesn’t matter if they are regular pants, maternity pants, yoga pants, or sweatpants. They all suck.
The first thing I do when getting home on any given day is take my pants off. This is highly unusual for me as I am a self-proclaimed never-nude and I am always cold, but this pregnancy has my bottom half extremely temperamental. So, without pants I will go. (Unless I am in a situation where this is socially unacceptable, of course.)
I asked other moms for their own 3-word pregnancy stories, and they are awesome. Consider this my unofficial copyright.
Here are a few too-funny, too-true, 3-word pregnancy stories.
1. “Eat. Sleep. Repeat.” Enough said. This is every pregnant lady’s dream day.
2. “TMI WARNING: Hemorrhoids.” Use Tucks pads and hydrocortisone cream when they get angry.
3. “I can’t even.” This could be used when referring to a lot of things in pregnancy, like tying shoes, rolling over in bed, or smelling deli meat.
4. “So. Freaking. Tired.” Okay, so it turns out the beginning and end (and most of the middle) of pregnancy is completely exhausting. Who knew growing a human could take so much out of a person?
5. “But…I’M PREGNANT!” What?! You expect me to do what in my condition? My friend who shared this one said she used this excuse to avoid vacuuming. She is a genius.
What is your 3-word pregnancy story?
Photos by iStock