posted in Parenting
We all know what crunchy moms, free-range moms, and tiger moms are. But what about silky moms?
Basically, it’s the exact opposite of a crunchy mom. She is a modern mom who takes advantage of every current luxury and advancement. A “scrunchy” mom is someone who adopts practices of both crunchy and silky moms, finding a good median between the two.
The new silky mom label is catching on and here are 13 ways to tell if you fit the bill.
- Silky moms are tech-savvy. They use apps to track pretty much everything and are active on social media.
- They have epidurals.
- They read all the parenting blogs and books. If it’s trending in the parenting world, silky moms are on it.
- They use disposable diapers.
- They love baby gear–the more the better! They would definitely not classify themselves as minimalists.
- They are big on convenience and time-management.
- But they do eat organic.
- They aren’t opposed to screen time.
- They are all about Pinterest.
- They don’t co-sleep.
- They believe in sleep training.
- No homemade baby food for silky moms. They either buy organic or use baby-led weaning.
- They rely on medical professionals and adhere to standard practices. So they definitely vaccinate.
What do you think? Are you a silky, crunchy, or scrunchy mom??
Images by iStock