- x1 small cauliflower, broken into florets
- 30g parmesan cheese, grated
- 30g mozzarella cheese, grated
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried basil
- 1½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp dried chilli flakes
- ¼ tsp salt
- x1 egg
- 4 tbsp homemade tomato sauce (made from simmering a 200g tin of tomatoes, 2 tbsp tomato puree, 1 tsp basil,1 tsp oregano, ½ tsp paprika, 1 tsp balsamic vinegar and 1 tbsp chopped garlic)
- 60g mozzarella cheese, grated
- Toppings of your choice, such as sliced mushrooms, peppers or onions or even an egg.
- Pre heat oven to 200c, fan 180c, gas 6 and line two baking sheets with non-stick baking paper.
- Use a food processor to finely chopped the cauliflower florets, then microwave on high for four minutes.
- When cooled, turn onto a clean tea towel and wring it tightly to expel excess water. Place this pulp in a mixing bowl and add the cheeses, herbs, spices and egg, then mix until well combined.
- Form half the mixture into a ball and place it on a baking sheet, then flatten it out using your hands or the back of a spoon into a round about 30cm in diameter. Repeat for the other pizza base.
- Bake for 10–15 minutes until the dough is golden‑brown, then carefully remove the bases from the oven.
- Preheat grill. Add your toppings + place the pizzas one at a time under the grill until the cheese has melted.