- 100g courgettes
- x1 garlic clove
- 80g chopped mushrooms
- 25ml double cream
- Coconut oil or butter, for frying
- ½ diced onion
- 25ml coconut milk
- 1 tsp mustard
- 75g ham, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp garlic salt and pepper
- Grated cheese or finely chopped tomato
- Thinly slice the courgettes into strips, or spiralize.
- Blanch them in boiling water for 2-3 minutes, plunge them into ice-cold water and tip them into a colander to drain.
- Fry the onion and garlic in coconut oil or butter until soft, add the mushrooms and cook for 2–3 minutes. Pour in the cream and coconut milk.
- Stir in the mustard and season with the salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce the pan to a simmer and once the cream has reduced slightly, remove from the heat and tip into a food processor or, using a hand blender, blitz until it is smooth.
- Heat a little oil or butter in a frying pan to fry the courgette ribbons with the ham for 2–3 mins.
- Pour over the sauce and garnish with grated cheese or tomato.