posted in Pregnancy
Once upon a late night a few years back, I took one last scroll through Facebook. My newsfeed was booming with spirit-animal-this and spirit-animal-that. And because I refuse to ever pass on even one “what year will you die in?” or “how many kids will you have?” quiz, I clicked on “Quiz: What is your spirit animal?”
In my heart I knew I would be paired with something completely adorable, like a panda. And I couldn’t wait to share.
I took my time contemplating every question and answering truthfully. Finally, I got to the “see my results button” and BAM:
CONGRATULATIONS! Your spirit animal is a whale!
Yep, not a panda, but a whale. Let’s just say I didn’t share these results on my Facebook. And, to be honest, while I didn’t love being compared to the largest animal on earth, the description was shockingly accurate. It said, “Your spirit animal is the whale because you have a strong inner voice, and always follow your own truth. Because you are so in touch with reality, you are self-aware and don’t get involved in drama. You have strong bonds and emotional ties with those you love.”
Take the quiz yourself here!
Ever since then, I have been kind of obsessed with spirit animals. So why wouldn’t I do a post on spirit animals when I’m big pregnant with my fifth child?
If you put these animals together, it is totally my reality right now. Some of them have short explanations, some don’t even need one.
Disclaimer: I totally realize a lot of these make it look like I hate my husband (see: What if your crazy pregnancy aversion is your husband?), I don’t. I love him, but my pregnancy hormones are not impressed.
1. I recently cut all my hair off. I didn’t tell my husband I was doing this and he, of course, didn’t like my haircut. The other day I was in the kitchen doing dishes and he was standing there watching me (maybe he was actually doing something productive, but I can’t remember), anyway he looked over at me and said, “Just think, honey. In a couple of months you will be a 10 again.”
Thinking he was talking about my big, fat pregnant body instead of my hair, I’m pretty sure this was my exact reaction:
2. I have been pretty sick this entire pregnancy and the only thing that seemed to help for awhile was purple Gatorade. I would only buy one big bottle at a time and hide it in the fridge from the boys, otherwise they would never drink water or milk. One morning I woke up and was really excited because I knew I would feel so much better once I drank the remaining 25 percent of my Gatorade from the day before. After searching for a long time, I thought maybe I just hid it really well, I asked my husband if he drank it. He, of course, did. We now have a new rule in the house: If you see anything that looks yummy or delicious in the house, it’s Mom’s.
3. No explanation needed here:
4. Recently I wrote about 3-word pregnancy stories. Mine was, “Pants. Just no.” This kind of goes with that.
5. “The exhaustion is strong with this one.”
6. I know my husband is only trying to be conversational when asking me this. But, what pregnant lady wouldn’t take it the wrong way?
What is your spirit animal?
Images by iStock